Thursday 1 August 2013

What's for Dinner? (beef and tomato, and fish)

Today I didn't really feel like cooking or pretty much anything.  I was pretty tired since baby C decided to wake up at 5:30 this morning.  At least she was happy and  smiling.  Josh had to leave for work at 6:30 this morning, so I couldn't get him to watch her for a bit.  She wanted to play but I wanted to sleep. (How can you be mad at this little face so I stayed up and let her play).  So I just plopped her in the exersaucer and watched her as I lied on the couch.  Now back to supper.   So I figure I should just stop complaining and get cooking, because if I don't I'll have a grumpy starving husband and grumpy, starving kids.  So I decided to keep it simple as usual.  I cooked at pot of steamed rice, and 2 dishes to go with it, beef and tomato, and basa filet with black beans.  Here is my quick and easy recipe.  This took me less then 30 minutes to make, including prep.

Beef and tomato
  • sliced beef
  • 2 sliced tomatoes
  • soya sauce

1. Brown the beef slices until it's almost ready and add the sliced tomatoes.  Cover for a few minutes
2. Stir occasionally, add soya sauce.
3.  When tomatoes become mush it is ready.
The girls love the sauce that comes out of the tomatoes.  It mixes very well with their rice.

Basa Filet with black bean
  • 1 basa filet (or any white fish filet)
  • soya sauce
  • oil
  • dried black beans (they also sell black bean paste in a jar, you can also use this, but don't use anything else because its very salty)
1. place fish on a microwaveable plate.
2.Add black beans on top of the fish and pour about 2 teaspoons of soya sauce and 1 teaspoon of oil over the fish
3.cover and put in microwave for 5 minutes on medium



1 comment:

  1. I always hate deciding what to make for supper, especially when you are more tired than usual! I love crock pot meals as you can prepare the night before and in the morning throw it back into the cooker and voila...supper is ready in 4-8 hours! Since the weather has been ok (every now and again) we have been BBQing too, which is easy and fast!

    ReplyDelete