Friday 16 August 2013

What's for Dinner? Turkey pot pie

I still have a lot of turkey leftover so I decided to make a pie.  Ive actually never made a turkey pot pie before.  I started by searching how to make a pie crust.   I found a very simple pie crust recipe from allrecipes.com   It was called "mom's pie crust".  I did use a lot more water then mentioned in th recipe.
Here is what I did.

Pie crust

  1. Mix 3 cups of flour with 3 tablespoons of white sugar
  2. Cut in 1 cup of butter cubed
  3. Mixed it to a crumble, and slowly add 1/2 cup of cold water until it can form a ball.
  4. Roll half of the dough out and place into pie pan, and roll the other one out for the top.
Pie filling
  • 2 cups of cubed turkey
  • 1 onion
  • 3 celery stalks
  • 2 carrots 
  • 3 potatoes (cubes)
  • Oregano
  • Parsley
  • Left over gravy
  1. First I cooked the onion in a large skillet. Then I added the celery and carrots and cooked it up a bit

2. Now I added the turkey,potatoes, oregano and parsley
3. After everything is well mixed add the gravy
4. Cook until potatoes are medium
5. Place into pie crust and cover.
6. Bake at 425F for 15 mins, then decrease to 350 for 30 mins.




1 comment: