Tuesday 6 August 2013

Happy life

On our honeymoon.  Wow we look like little kids here.
My husband must be living a "happy life".  Why do I say that?  His advice to most couples on their wedding day is "happy wife = happy life". So yes, I'm a happy wife.  Tomorrow is our 9th wedding anniversary, yes 9th.  Where have the years gone?  It has flown by.  We have done so much together, traveled the world, built a house, and had 3 beautiful daughters.  I couldn't ask for a more patient and loving husband.  Thank you Josh for a wonderful 9 years!  I'm looking forward to the next 90.

So today I was deciding what to do with the girls, I was just on the phone calling my sister to see if we could go out to the lake, when my husband walks through the door.  I was so confused because it was 11am.  I told me sister I had to call her back.  He told me to get ready because my girlfriends are coming in a hour to pick me up for a spa getaway for the afternoon.  I am one lucky girl.  For the whole afternoon I got to hangout with my girlfriends, got my very first massage (yes, I have to admit it was amazing and will be my new addiction) and a lovely pedicure.  Thanks ladies for a wondering and relaxing afternoon.  We should make this a tradition of some sort.   It was so nice to enjoy a whole afternoon with no kids screaming, crying and asking me for something.

 After I got dropped off at home, my in-laws came over to watch the girls and me and hubby went out for dinner at Yokozuna.  Josh was looking forward to eating his whole order of salmon sashimi to himself  ( every time we go with the girls they eat it all and we get none).  It was so nice to have a nice quiet dinner with just the two of us, no distractions.  When we were done eating,  I looked at my watch and it was only 6:40 (we got there at 6:05).  I guess after having kids, we don't really sit and savour our food as much, we just inhale it.  But it still tasted delicious as usual.

Wow, how our lives have changed in 9 years, but I'm loving every minute of it.  I feel and am so blessed with everything I have.  God has been so good to me. 

No comments:

Post a Comment