Monday 26 August 2013

Kale Chips

I kept hearing people around me raving about these super yummy and healthy Kale chips they have been making.  So I decided to give it a try.  I went out and bought a bunch of Kale, and made the chips.  They were amazingly quick and easy to make. 

Here's what you need
1 bunch of Kale
1 teaspoon olive oil
1 teaspoon salt

1. Wash Kale and tear the leaves off the stem with your hands and into bit sized pieces.  Place into a salad spinner. You have to make sure it is dry, because it won't crisp as well.
2.  Place bit sized pieces into another bowl.  Add oil and salt and mix well
3. Place onto a baking sheet and bake at 350F for 15 minutes.


3 comments:

  1. I've tried on 2 occasions to make kale chips...I thought it was too salty (and we didn't even add that much salt!) and not very crispy...maybe we didn't spin dry it enough or else added to much oil...

    ReplyDelete
  2. I find the texture of kale chips is very weird.... They just taste too thin to me! But I guess they are super healthy..

    ReplyDelete
  3. I did find it really salty too. well super salty, so I ended up rinsing off the salt and baking them again. Then they turned out. I thought I just put too much salt, but it's good to know it wasn't just me.

    ReplyDelete