Wednesday 31 July 2013

Cream of mushroom pasta

Some of my friends and family have been asking me to post some quick and easy recipes that they can add to their list of recipes they can cook regularly. So here is one  I hope you will enjoy.

This recipes actually started from Josh's one and only dish he knows how to make.  Back about 15 years ago, when Josh and I was dating he made me dinner one day and it was pretty good.  I thought "wow, he can really cook", but since that day I think I can only count a few times that he actually cooked for me.  This is probably the most successful dish he made.  So if he can do it, you can too.  So this dish was macaroni with a creamy mushroom sauce (1 can of cream of mushroom soup and 1 can of extra mushrooms).  Fast forward 15 years, and me making this dish, it is still a quick and easy dish to make.  I have made a few additions to it, so it can actually pass for full meal in a dish.  You can be creative with what you have on hand.
Here is what I'm using today
  • Cream of mushroom soup 
  • Chicken sliced up
  • Diced onions
  • Broccoli
  • Celery
  • frozen mixed vegetables (I didn't realize I ran out of carrots)
  • Penne (or any type of pasta you prefer)
  1. Cook the pasta and set aside

2. Fry up the onions in a little bit of oil, then add the chicken to the pan. Cook until chicken is no longer pink
3. Add the diced  celery and frozen veggies. Cook for about 1-2 minutes
4. Add the cream of mushroom soup, let it cook until it starts to bubble
5. Now add the broccoli. You don't want to cook broccoli too long or it will get to mushy
6. Taste, add salt and pepper.  I didn't add any extra salt because I don't like the girls eating too much salt, and the cream of mushroom soup is salty enough for us.
7. Add pasta and mix well
7. Enjoy!




1 comment:

  1. Oooooo... I will definitely try this! Hey! Can u do your spare rib marinate recipe?! The one with the apples? And the ziplock bags? That one is soooooo goooddd!!!!!!!!,

    ReplyDelete