Wednesday 24 July 2013

Midway food

Yesterday was an over indulgence of grease, grease and more grease.
Our day started with these beautifully custom made cream puffs.  You get to pick the filling (chocolate, passion fruit and original cream), then you get to pick what other fillings you want to add in.  The girls picked strawberries, raspberries and blackberries. Then you can dip the top is dark or white chocolate, and finally you can top it off with different coloured chocolate shavings, and sprinkles.



 After the sweet cream puff, the girls had some popcorn to watch the magic show.  Then came the mini donuts, freshly squeezed lemonade and strips of beef bacon in a cup . After a few more hours of walking around we picked up some deep fried Oreos, deep fried pickles, and chocolate covered bacon on a stick.  Good thing my family was with me to help me eat all these goodies. (Sorry, we were so excited to eat these treats that I forgot to take pictures of them to show you. )

To let you know that I'm not a horrible mother, I did pack food for the girls to eat (drinks, blueberries....) A day before we went, I made some carrot cake into little loafs so it would be easier to eat.   When the girls get hungry, they become little monsters.  They are like little packages of dynamite waiting to explode and the smallest things can set them off.  So I always try to feed them before they get to this point, which is why it is always good to have extra food on me.  I'll leave you with my carrot cake recipe that I've been making for years. It's super moist.  Enjoy.

Carrot cake






4 eggs
1 1/4 cups vegetable oil
1 cup white sugar (you can add more, but I don't like it too sweet)
2 teaspoons vanilla extract
2 teaspoons baking soda
2 teaspoons baking powder
1/2 teaspoon salt
2 teaspoons ground cinnamon
2 cups all purpose flour
3 cups grated carrots ( this time I added almost 4 cups)

1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees F
2. In a large bowl beat eggs, then add oil, sugar and vanilla
3. Mix in all dry ingredients.  Make sure it is mixed well
4. Add the carrots and mix well.  Pour into desired pan
5.  Bake in oven for around 40-50 mins or until toothpick inserted into the middle of the cake comes out clean.


1 comment:

  1. hahahah! little sticks of dynamite! hahahah.. and glad you shared your carrot cake recipe. i needed one. God you started a blog too, your writing is really funny. hahaha..

    ReplyDelete