Wednesday 5 February 2014

Breakfast fun

The girls LOVE eating pancakes.  In the past I have always made them from scratch (see below I have added my pancake recipe), because they taste better then the boxed pancake mix....until I discovered the buttermilk pancake mix from Costco.  It so quick that I can whip it up in less then 5 minutes.  All you need to add is water.  so great for a busy morning before school.  There has been a few time when E wakes up and tells me "I want pancakes for breakfast"  I make it in a 2 cup measuring cup, so I don't have to wash extra dishes.  (1 cup pancake mix, and 2/3 cup water)

 The girls always ask me to make a mickey mouse head, or the letter of their name out of the pancake, but this time I decided to let them decorate their own pancakes.   I made different size pancakes and got some random stuff I had in my pantry.  They had so much fun.  What kid doesn't have fun when they get to play with their food. 

Here are their creations. 



  Pancake recipe 
 
2 cups milk
3/4 cup white sugar
2 eggs
1 teaspoon vegetable oil
1 teaspoon vanilla extract
2 cups all-purpose flour
1 1/2 tablespoons baking powder
 
1. Mix all wet ingredients in a bowl, then add the flour and baking powder and mix well
2. Heat Griddle and lightly oil.  Set to medium heat and start cooking.
 
  I usually make smaller sized pancakes for the girls, and they really like it when I make tiny baby loonie sized pancakes (perfect sized, so they don't have to cut them) 
 
 
 
 
    

No comments:

Post a Comment