2 duck breast
4 cup of chicken stock
2 cups of corn starch
oil for deep frying
(1) 1/2 cup of cornstarch, 2 tablespoon of oil, 1 teaspoon salt
(2) 1Tablespoon rice wine, 1/2 Tablespoon soy sauce
1. Peel, rinse, and slice taro; Pour 1 cup of stock and add sliced taro to a pot; Bring to the boil; Simmer over a low heat until soft; Remove, add seasoning (1) and mash (almost like a play doe consistency)
2. Apply seasoning (2) on the duck evenly; Marinate for 30 minutes.
3. Bake duck breast in oven for about 40 minutes
4. Sprinkle some corn starch over the sliced duck; Cover with smashed taro; Roll in corn starch evenly.
5. (a) place into deep fryer and deep fry until brown.
(b) if you don't have a deep fryer you can use a wok;
6. Take out and let it cool. Slice and serve
|Made little taro balls with no duck inside because I had so much mashed taro left.|