Wednesday 12 March 2014

My love for kitchen gadgets- crepe maker

If you know me, you would know I love to cook and make food for people.  So imagine the amount of appliances I have in my kitchen.  Think of one and I probably have it (or maybe 2)

During Christmas, my sisters and I usually draw names for Christmas gifts (since there is 4 of us, plus our significant others that's a lot of gifts).  My oldest sister got me, she managed to find something I don't have and would totally love.  I didn't even know what I wanted for Christmas.  She got me a crepe maker.

1 word to describe it  AMAZING!  Everyone who has come over to my house since Christmas had the luxury of trying one of these crepes.  This crepe maker makes the crepes so thin.  When I first got it, my daughters would have a few everyday.  Their favorite is banana with Nutella and whipped cream.  If you're on the fence about it, I would say its totally worth it.  (I've also made pancakes, and tortilla on it)



oh yeah, I also got a 5kg tub of Nutella for Christmas too.  Its kinda scary, but we're almost half done the jar. 

 
Basic Crepe recipe

Ingredients:
1 cup all-purpose flour
2 eggs
1/2 cup milk
1/2 cup water
1/4 teaspoon salt
2 tablespoons butter, melted
 
1. In a large bowl, whisk together the flour and the eggs.
2. Slowly add in the milk and water, and mix.
3. Add the salt and butter; beat until smooth
4. ladle out one scoop of batter on to the crepe machine and smooth out (must be done quickly to make it super thin.  usually within 1 sec.
5.  Flip the crepe to the other side to brown a bit and it's all done.

No comments:

Post a Comment