Thursday 5 September 2013

Long weekend at kananaskis

The last time I was at kananaskis I was going as a counsellor and we were camping at Mt.Kidd.  Fast forward 13 or so years and I'm back (but this time staying at the hotel and bringing along 3 little girls) for a wedding.

You know your getting old when your attending a wedding of one of the kids you counselled.  Most of our friends are already married, but why did we have so many weddings this year?  When we were in university we were counsellor to a group of junior and high school kids. They have all grown up, graduated university, working and now getting married.   I'm so proud of all of them. They have grown up to become such great men and women of God.  I don't think I could have asked for a better group of kids to work with.   I know in the last few years, when I started having kids, I lost contact with many of them. Yes, we do say hi to each other when we pass by, but I do miss those years when I actually got to spend quality time with them.  The last few months I kept thinking I should call them up and get together to catch up, but with my busy schedule I haven't had the chance.  One day I will set up a afternoon date with them, but I hope it's sooner then later.

Thanks C&J for a great weekend! The girls had a blast!



No comments:

Post a Comment